- The Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) 12-step recovery program is a free treatment program for people suffering from alcohol abuse and addiction.
- AA program participants follow a set of recovery steps to achieve and maintain abstinence from alcohol. Many people use a sponsor to help them through the process.
- The program uses a spiritual approach that includes a belief in a higher power. Members define that higher power in their own way—it does not have to be God.
- Meetings are often held in public spaces such as churches or schools. Some meetings are open to anyone who wants to attend, while others are only for alcoholics or prospective AA members.
- Becoming a member is free. The only requirement is a desire to stop drinking.
- You must be an alcoholic to join AA. But anyone can attend open meetings.
For more information, call us at (336) 854-4278.